Lent starts tomorrow!! I wanna open up a bit...

Hallo everyoneee!!! How are you doing today!

Today is Shrove Tuesday aka PANCAKE DAY!! Unfortunately I didn't have any pancakes tho... I woke up early, but then I fell back asleep ๐Ÿฅฒ I'll make some for breakfast tomorrow instead~

Anyways, tomorrow is the start of Lent! For those who don't know, Lent is a time where Christians spend 40 days either fasting or giving up something, to show tribute to when Jesus had to endure no food or water in a dessert for 40 days and 40 nights. This Lent, I wanted to do something a little different. 

Instead of fasting or giving something up, I want to gain something. I want to gain strength- physical, mental and spiritual strength. Something I never like to talk about is my mental health. I'm always open to hearing about others and helping them, I would never ever speak about mine. Today, I'm going to share a little bit with you ๐Ÿ™ƒ

So, I used to be super depressed in my early teens. My life was (and still is, but this was the starting point) complicated and the covid lockdown didn't help much either. My screen time was 10+ hours, I rarely ever left my bed, I did sh and I was binge eating snacks so badly. When I looked in the mirror, I could barely recognise myself...  I hated what I looked like, I hated what I acted like and I hated who I had become. 

2024 is the year I wanted to make a change. During Lent that year, I fasted for all 40 days, and got baptised on Easter Sunday! Getting baptised is the best thing I have ever done in my life. Once I left the water, a peace I have never felt before washed over me. I had never felt so calm in my life, ever. The rest of that year, I felt amazing!! I was overcoming my depression and life was going so well.

Recently however, I've been feeling that depression slowly try to creep back in my life... Life has gotten pretty tough again, but thankfully not as bad as it used to be. I've noticed I've been distancing myself from my social groups, not leaving the house as much, and binge eating again. BUT, I refuse to let myself fall back into the way things were, the person I hated. SO!! This Lent, I'm gonna do the same workout video every single day + a focal point workout, I'm gonna read my bible and write every day, AND I'm gonna try and do my make every singe day. I need to back into a productive routine!!

Gyaru is something that really helped me overcome my depressive states. Putting on makeup and dressing up made me feel extra pretty and confident in myself! I am forever thankful I found out about it and I don't think I'll stop anytime soon ‎♡‧₊

These are my last few months being a teen, and I want to make the most out of the time I have left. When Lent finishes, hope fully I won't fall back again , but I may do more simple workout, since the one I'm going to do is long and intense ๐Ÿ˜…

Anyways! To conclude, I'm not doing the best at the moment, but I wanna bounce back. Please stick with me on this journey! I'll be posting blogs and sharing stuff on my story~ I hope if any of your need some motivation that you'll take this as your sign to get up and keep pushing forward!! Depression has no power over us!! It is nothing more than a looming storm cloud ‎♡

Stay blessed ๐Ÿงก

Comments

  1. Hey Kyra, I was so happy that you've shared your testimony! I'm happy to hear your gaining for Lent ๐Ÿ™‚I hope your relationship w/ God can strengthen more for the next 40 days ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    God Bless !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First blog of the year! ♡

A bit of shopping